The era of technological development led to the birth of smartphone companies. That’s why technology believers have a headache with the question: how to changing phones without losing WhatsApp. The following article will share 3 ways to change phones without losing Whatsapp.
WhatsApp is the most prominent messaging app, with billions of users. If you don’t want to lose all of your chat history when you transfer phones. Backing up your chats on Google Cloud or iCloud and then restoring them on your new phone is the quickest way to transfer them.
If You Change Phones, How Do You Keep Your WhatsApp?
WhatsApp does not allow users to move between accounts on different phones regularly. If you use WhatsApp regularly, your account will be suspended for hours or days.
If you’re switching phones, instead of logging in and out, the best way to save your WhatsApp conversations is to move them all to the new phone at the same time. In this section, we’ll go through various techniques for changing phone without losing WhatsApp.
How to Change Phones without Losing WhatsApp Between Different Systems
ChatMover is a third-party tool that allows you to move numerous material kinds between several devices, including conversations, photographs, videos, and attachments. WhatsApp Messenger may be easily and rapidly moved from one iPhone to another, as well as from Android to Android, Android to Android, and Android to Android. It allows you to transfer your original WhatsApp messages, media, and other files between devices.
Chatmover is a popular free tool that allows you to transfer data across computers running the same or different operating systems. The entire edition includes all features, including WhatsApp transfer, restore, backup, and export.
Chatmover will help users backup Whatsapp with just a few simple steps.
- Step 1: Open iphone and connect to your computer. Choose “Transfer WhatsApp Between Devices” after opening the Chatmover application.
- Step 2: Using original USB cords, connect your gadgets to the computer. Click the Transfer option once both devices have been paired.
- Step 3: After selecting Whatsapp, there will be a message asking if you want to choose regular Whatsapp or business Whatsapp.
- Step 4: Transfer WhatsApp messages. You have to disable my iPhone app on the target device and automatically install whatsapp. ChatMover will automatically migrate your WhatsApp to the target device.
- Step 5: Complete whatsapp transfer process. however the conversion time is proportional to the amount of data in the app.
Finally, after a successful data transfer, you will have access to all the target device’s WhatsApp files and information, like images, movies, and voicemail texts, among others.
How Do I Switch Phones without Losing WhatsApp from Android to Android Using Google Drive
Step 1: On your old phone, open the app and tap the three round dots in the upper right corner of the screen.
Step 2: Go to “Settings,” then “Chats,” then “Chats Backup.”
If you wish to back up WhatsApp manually or automatically, use the instructions below. If you choose to manually backup Whatsapp, the data will be preserved in Google Drive indefinitely. You will, however, need to update it on a regular basis. If you use automatic updates, Whatsapp will back up your data for you.
Step 3: As soon as the new device begins to load data, a window will appear asking if you wish to save all previous chats and media.
Step 4: When you click Restore, WhatsApp will ask if you want to recover your Google Drive messages. Finally, click “restore” and wait for the process to finish.
Using Google Drive, you can change phones without losing WhatsApp. Following that, all WhatsApp talking messages from your previous Android phone will appear on your new Android phone.
How to Change Phone without Losing WhatsApp from iPhones by Backing Up via iCloud
The best way to transfer WhatsApp messages on an iPhone is to use the iCloud backup and restore it on your new iPhone. We’d separate it into two steps: backup to iCloud and restore from iCloud. For both processes, there are a few issues to keep in mind.
You must be signed in with your Apple ID and have iCloud Drive turned on with iOS 9 or later. In addition, when compared to the size of the backup, you’ll require more than twice the empty space on both the iPhone and the iCloud. Finally, the phone number used for iCloud backup and restore must be the same. Otherwise, the procedure would fail.
The procedure is as follows:
Step 1: If you have automatic backups setup on your old phone, the backup should already be in iCloud.
Step 2: To manually backup your messages, open WhatsApp and navigate to WhatsApp > Settings > Chats > Chat Backup > Back Up Now.
Step 3: Download and install WhatsApp on your new phone. After your phone number has been verified, follow the on-screen instructions to restore your WhatsApp data and conversations to your new phone.
How to Switch Phones without Losing WhatsApp Data with Different Phone Numbers
Additionally, if you need to change your WhatsApp phone number, you must complete another step before your messages can be restored to the new phone number. The first step is to double-check that both phone numbers work. After that, you’ll need to update your WhatsApp number. Your WhatsApp account and data will be linked to the new phone number as a result of this.
The steps in the technique are as follows:
Step 1: Both phone numbers should be working.
Step 2: Change the number on the old Android first, then use the same SIM on the new Android.
Step 3: If you need to back up WhatsApp using Google Drive, make sure the device is connected to the same network Google account.
- Open WhatsApp on your previous handset and hit the three dots to go to ‘Settings’ > ‘Account.’
- Choose ‘Change number’ from the drop-down menu.
- Finally, enter your new phone number and double-check it with the code that came with your new Android. Create a local backup or a Google Drive backup by going to ‘Settings’>’Chats’>’Chat Backup.’
Changing Phones and Getting a New Phone Number
It is critical to discuss an important point to remember. In some cases when people change theirs smartphones, they change their numbers as well. When people change phones, they often change their phone numbers as well. In this situation, you’ll need to update your WhatsApp number so that your account is linked to your new phone number.
Follow these steps to change phone without losing WhatsApp.
The following are the steps below:
- Open WhatsApp on your previous phone
- Follow the path Settings > Account > Change number after hitting the three dots in the top right area.
- In the old phone number field, type the current number, and in the new phone number field, type the new number.
- Your new phone number will receive a verification code.
- Enter the code to finish the procedure, and your new number will now be linked to your WhatsApp account. So the user changes the phone without losing WhatsApp.
Finally, above are some ways to change phones without losing WhatsApp from ios to ios, android to ios and vice versa. If you don’t want to use local backup, you can use the very convenient application that we have introduced, Chatmover. Hopefully through this article you will optimize the backup time and keep the data in Whatsapp.